The first settlers in Mount Forest area arrived in the early 1840's. Many of the Pioneers were buried
in this cemetery which is located on Queen Street at the top of the hill above the river. Mount Forest
Cemetery, located at 411257 Sligo Road East in Egremont Township (Grey County) opened in 1879
and has been used since that time. Mount Forest Pioneer Cemetery is closed. The two remaining
stones have been incorporated into a cairn. The Cairn is located up a hill and its view is somewhat
hidden behind the ‘Welcome to the Town of Mount Forest' sign.