Woodland Church began life as a Community Church in 1856. After meeting in homes, a log structure was constructed in what is now the south west corner of Southgate Township (fomerly Egremont Township). The surrounding area is rural and very scenic. The current brick church has been in place since 1880. Over the years it has undergone some moderate changes to accommodate the needs of the congregation.
Prior to the Union of 1925, Woodland was a Presbyterian congregation, which voted to become pat of the newly formed United Church of Canada. As of 1930, it was aligned with Wellington St. United church and upon amalgamation of the two United Churches in Mount Forest it became the second point of the Mount Forest-Woodland Pastoral Charge.
Service is held on Sundays at 9:15 a.m. and is currently led by our supply minister, Reverend Sheryl Spencer. Coffee and muffins are served during fellowship following the service held on the last Sunday of each month. This year our anniversary service will be held on August 25th.